The hub of communications, connections, networking and resources for the congregations in York County...
The York County Council of Churches, with 140 member congregations, continues to serve as a valuable resource in York County. The Council either serves as a sponsor of, an umbrella for, or as an incubator for the following:
* The Four Chaplains Breakfast: emphasizes the importance of brotherhood and self-sacrifice as evidenced by four chaplains, including Rabbi Alexander Goode, who gave their lives for others during WWII. Excess revenues from the breakfast help support the York City Dollars for Scholars program.
* OPEN: since 1992 the Council through Ordinary People, Extraordinary Needs has been meeting the needs of those living with HIV/AIDS.
* Bulk Paper Ordering: has gone from a bi-annual to a continous ordering process for member and non-member churches alike. Online ordering is now available. Discount ink cartrides as well
* CROP WALK: since 1970 the York Metro walk has raised over $1,200,000 to help fight hunger in our county and around the world. Since 1998 local food banks have received $126,991.63. It is the oldest and longest unbroken chain of walks in the world.
* The York Fair Ecumenical Service: established in 1976 by the Council at the York Fair's request.
* Campus Ministry: at Penn State/York and York College offers pastoral support to students, faculty and administrations of our colleges.
York County Council of Churches - Copyright 2010